02 May 2020

Creative Cramp

I don't really have much to say. Anything that I write in my personal journal is abstract, dark, and not worth sharing with you. I have no good stories to tell and no witty remarks for the disaster we're all living with at the moment. Anything that I draw or design is just ink on paper at the moment because I'm hunkered down at home and only leave for groceries about every 12-14 days. It's not bad or good, it's just how it is. 

The tragedy here is we've been spun. We're still spinning. I find comfort in the routine of my work from home day, but I fear for my neighbors and friends. Some still go to work, and some worry how long they keep their jobs. I worry about my own job. Am I valuable enough to keep around? Is my mind going to atrophy from the lack of problems to solve and things to fix? 

I thought maybe by posting in my irregularly scheduled blog, something would click and break me out of this mental funk. I don't know if it will and right now, it's not really important. What's important is that I stay home, and to my part to reduce the risk of exposure to myself and other people. The Happy Tinkerer is temporarily, the Mildly Amused Tinkerer for now. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment