14 July 2021

Dear Seattle

Dear Seattle,

I have arrived. I hope you don't mind, I brought a few of my things and North Carolina heat. I apologize for the heat and promise to do my little part to be a friend to the planet. I've gotten my bearings and with the help of a very nice stranger have finally unpacked. I'm waiting for furniture to arrive, but I'm content with my cot and makeshift furnishings. I appreciate that you've cooled down quite a bit so much so that I've been exploring Eastlake on foot and keeping tabs on my new favorite brunch places. 

Next, I think I'll use public transit to explore the other parts of the city because having a car is cumbersome without a parking permit, and let's face, y'all need to work on your parallel parking skills. But your skylines are gorgeous as are your shores. Don't worry a bicycle is on order and I'll be cruising your streets soon. I do already have a favorite chain, Dick's Drive-In. It is comparable to In-N-Out burger. Fast counter service, straight forward menu, well-paid employees, and lines all the time because it's just so good. Don't ask me to pick a favorite, I love you both.

I know where Mt. Rainer is at all times and I do hope to visit the Cascades eventually. I need a break from your meandering mountain roads. Driving from NC was easy until I got to ND. I was tempted by those speed limits to zoom, but cautioned by the construction and elevation changes to slow down enough to enjoy the drive. I must say you smell different than any city I've lived in or visited. I'm having a hard time describing it. It's not salty or peaty, but dewy maybe. No, not dewy now I'm implying mold, and that's not right. I'll figure out how to describe it properly after a few more weeks. Thanks for having me here. You won't be disappointed.

Sincerely,

Bouaketh

No comments:

Post a Comment