31 October 2021

Lighthouses

I've been obsessed with lighthouses since watching Reading Rainbow as a child and reading the book featured in that episode about a lighthouse keeper. I've read many books since then, and visited several stateside. In fact, second only to public libraries, lighthouses are a mandatory on my travels to new places. Sometimes they're the sole purpose for visiting a certain locale. Obviously some places don't have lighthouses, and while many are automated, I secretly hope that one day, I can live in and maintain one, even if it's just a museum or attraction.

I'm not sure if it's the solitude, the proximity to water, or potential for danger that attracts me, but it's one of those things I've always wanted to experience. I imagine it suits my personality and improvisation skills very well. I have a knack for survival and work well alone. I'm confident in my repair skills. I do pride myself on my ability to fix just about anything and make due with the supplies I have on hand. I used a shoelace to hold a cell phone to a tripod so that we could stream one of our away matches on IG. 

I'm not really sure why or how this came up. I am pretty random that way. I guess I'm good with my hands, and I wish I was able to use them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment