08 December 2018

Season in Review

August, September, October, and November came and went and I feel like those four months only lasted four hours. We said goodbye to nine seniors (not my doing). They buoyed our team all season as best as they could. They showed up when it mattered. We lost to Denison in the regular season with such a poor showing it made me question if I was good enough to be their coach. They roared back on Senior night to beat Case Western in five sets and avenge that loss to Denison in the North Coast Athletic Conference opening round. I don't know when the last time Wooster won the opening round of a Conference playoff game, but it would be the first and only for the departing senior class. They worked hard for it. I'm happy it paid off.

I turned 40 this year. It feels the same as every year. I've got a few more gray hairs than I had last year, but other than that, I'm still healthy and snarky. I find my mind wandering a bit more as I plan my next move. I've been looking seriously at head coaching jobs. It's just that time. I'm ready to lead a program of my own and make new memories in a different place. I don't think there's much more I'm going to be able to accomplish here at Wooster. There's nothing wrong with that. I just feel it's time for me to move on and make my mark on a program of my own.

There are so many good people in our sport that work hard and give their best everyday. I hope I get the chance to meet at least half of these people and make an impact on a few more. Convention is coming up soon and maybe I'll be able to make some good impressions and reconnect with people I haven't seen or spoken to since August. I hope I see you there. I'll hit this up after the New Year with a highlight reel and possibly job news.

Cheers friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment