26 September 2023

Time Flies

How time flies as you get older. There doesn't ever seem to be enough time. Perhaps we need to think about it differently. When I was 20 something years younger, I would try to do as many things as I could when I traveled. I tried to see and do all the things. I had the energy and I needed to maximize my dollars, so why not, right? After decolonizing my brain a bit, I came to the realization that being in places and spending time with people was what I would come to cherish most. Going places and doing things is no longer the goal. I'm really just trying to soak in the views, rest my body, and taste the local flavors.

This summer, I put that to the test. On my excursions, I set out to do one or two cool things each day. Set aside one whole day to relax. And you know what? It made for a really great time to connect with the local vibe and experience some things a typical tourist might overlook. I make a point to visit the library and the dog park on my trips. I feel this is where my people are and where I can find events that would interest me. I ended up with some great memories and photos to go home with. It made travel less stressful because I wasn't in a hurry and I think it made the trips I took more enjoyable and relaxing.

If planning a holiday away feels pedestrian, I highly recommend changing up how you plan or don't plan your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment