31 May 2012

Pen Heaven

My second job involves picking up and delivering packages for transport.  Sometimes, I'm just an arm of a larger delivery company and sometimes I'm the third or fourth cog in the subcontract wheel.  Anyway, I was at the Cleveland Cargo counter and in the midst of schlepping the package, my clipboard, and paperwork from my car to the counter I must have dropped my pen.

I borrowed the bic from the counter and proceded to complete the obligatory paperwork.  Then these three women who were in the late sixties I suppose strolled in asking if their dog had arrived yet.  The guy at the counter asked which flight, and one of the ladies replied.  All the while one of the taller ladies had been clicking a stainless steel Parker pen in her hand.  "Hey, I have a pen like that,"  I thought to myself.  Crazy that in this world someone has a pen just like mine and they happen to be at the same cargo counter.

During this time the routing for my delivery had changed and I had to change carriers and fill out new paperwork.  I told the guys at the counter, thanks, since they were busy, but super patient with me and the company I was working with.  The old birds went into the waiting area as their dog had not yet arrived.  I walked out to my car and looked everywhere for the pen I thought I had.  No where in sight.  Those birds grabbed my pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment