07 July 2012

July

I know January marks the new year for most of the normal people, but for me July marks the new year. It is a time when my job as a volleyball coach changes over to the new season.  The Seniors in High School we recruited are done with their graduations, and will soon join us as college freshman.  The Juniors in High School now take their place on the Senior stage.  Our budgets roll over and we buy our equipment for the team and get ready for camps, and preseason.

I reset my brain since Nationals are finished, and clean up old paperwork and files.  I also take this time to work other camps and clinics and bone up on my ball control skills in preparation for the upcoming season.  This is also the established time for me to reset and refresh all of my electronics.  I back files up and start fresh.  Sometimes I refine my workflows and thought processes to make more efficient use of technology.

Some of the new things I'm working on include a redesign for a Boys Club team I work with from California.  I think I'll add more photos and video and well as twitter feeds to my blog.  I have not been very good about sharing my stories and I know some of you don't use facebook, so I will be more diligent about updating you on my trials and tribulations as I navigate this thing called life.  Illinois Volleyball Camp is up to bat and Gannon Volleyball Camp is on deck.  Somewhere in there is a side trip in Chicago to visit a friend or two.  I would bet a sizable amount of cash (if I had some) that I either almost get hit by a vehicle (happens more often than you think) or I get mistaken for a lost child at the Amtrak station.  You'll just have to stay tuned to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment