01 July 2011

Food Prep Saga

Let me begin by thanking Jennifer Remington for reminding me to chronicle my comedic misfortune in blog form.

A chef I am not.  I can cook eggs, bake, prepare pasta and rice, and grill, but that is the extent of my culinary skill.  I have learned how to make things that I adore and find delightful but you wont hear anyone ask me for cooking advice, ever.  I do love fruit and I have a special place in my heart for yogurt.

Recently I decided that maybe I could curb my early morning hunger by having a light snack after dinner.  When I wake up in the morning; a fruit smoothie, toast, and fruit just won't do.  I need eggs.  They fill me up and you can prepare them in all sorts of tasty ways.

So back to my snacking.  I decided that yogurt would be a great choice because I could add so many yummy and healthy things to it.  It take a lot of work and clean up is pretty easy.  Yesterday, I was prepping classic honey, walnuts, and greek yogurt when I slipped in the kitchen on a micro-puddle from washing dishes.  The yogurt was everywhere; in my hair, on the floor, walls, windows, and ceiling.  The nuts and honey mocked me as they were strewn about in the white of the yogurt.  So much for getting to bed at a decent time.  I cleaned up my mess and took a mini shower to get the crud off.

Take 2.  I had to open a new tub of yogurt and three steps from the counter, and bam.  Yogurt tub plus floor equals yogurt explosion.  The mess was worse than the first namely because I was using plain yogurt and not the thicker greek yogurt.  I admitted my defeat and settled for a chocolate pudding.  I should have given up while I was ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment