31 May 2018

Crowdfunding Brightspots

As tinkerer and problem solver, I appreciate the time it takes to formulate and build solutions as well as share them with others. I know I've been neglecting my posts due mostly to work changes and increased use of Twitter, FB, and Snapchat, but I think it's still important to chronicle the work of people that are working to solve our 1st world problems an creative ways. So here's a salute to the best Crowdfunded projects I've backed in no particular order.

Juiceboxx by Juiceboxx Inc., Columbus, OH- DEC2014
What is it? A cable manager for your MacBook charger. It snaps on your AC adapter and provides better ears to wrap your cord around. I pledged for my MBA and MBP, and still use them today. They come in different colors for those wishing to match their other accessories.

Free Rider Pannier by Ryan Moseman, Denver CO- AUG2014
What is it? A bicycle pannier with theft deterrent hardware, made from re-purposed fabric from the local awning shop. I pledged for one and it lived up to it's billing. It carried my groceries, my backpack, bike lock, and more. Best part was when I wasn't using it to haul gear, it tucked away nice and flat. You can find these and more on the Green Guru website if you're interested. I had to purchase new panniers after my beloved Green Monster was stolen in Wooster, OH.

Venturi Belt by D. Griffin and Brandon Hembree MAY2017
What is it? An adjustable web belt to hold up your trousers. Easy on and off. This is my go to belt. I pledged for Gray and Black belts with Black and Slate buckles so I could mix and match. The hardware is great quality and after breaking them in I haven't had a single issue with stitching or adjustments.

Allpa 35L Travel Pack by Cotopaxi SEP2017
What is it? A travel pack with several internal compartments and clean external lines. The 1st generation of this pack gets the job done. It has a modular design so you can add a water bottle pocket, the rain cover, or clip anything you might want to the exterior like a towel or wet socks. I hope they improve the to tight waist belt pocket, and provide some kind of internal compression to keep the lines of the bag clean. There are only compression straps for the main compartment. This bag has been to Costa Rica, several business trips, and multiple road trips with me since and it's one of the best ways to travel small.

No comments:

Post a Comment