26 May 2018

Kickstart my, wait, never mind...

Key Stak by Mike Kamber

I pledged $35 for an aluminum Key Stak with a clip and bottle opener, and gave the creator more for iterations in different colors, with and without lights, in addition to clips, and bottle openers to give as gifts to friends.  The purpose of the project was to stream line your key carry, and add a light in the process.  The project description reads like a study in carbon fiber techniques and I'm happy to support someone that's trying out their chops working with different materials.  But this project definitely soured my experience with Kickstarter.

Timeline:
Pledged- Dec 2013
Estimated Delivery- Mar 2014
Arrival of Reward- Nov 2014

The Reward:
I received the items I backed. The issue is the flimsy construction and finishing. If this was billed as a carbon fiber DIY kit, then it would be a bit more truthful. And I probably would have put in the effort to find quality hardware for these Key Staks. Instead I've opted for Orbitkey as gifts instead of this monstrosity. I would not back projects from this creator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment